We regard privacy as an important part of our relationship with our customers, suppliers and other individuals who visit our website or communicate with us.
“Personal information” is information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
Actinogen Medical is bound by the Privacy Act 1998 (Commonwealth) (Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles that are contained in that Act.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information that you provide directly to us, including via our website and through any other means of communicating with us (e.g. telephone call or email).
We will only collect personal information about an individual where the information is reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions or activities. The kinds of personal information collected and held, how that information is collected and held and the purposes for which that information will be collected, held, used and disclosed will depend on the circumstances.
Examples of instances where personal information may be collected by Actinogen Medical include:
- collecting personal information from shareholders for the purposes of maintaining our share register (held on our behalf by Automic Group) and enabling proper records to be kept and for reporting purposes;
- collecting personal information from individuals who enter into licensing agreements, consulting agreements, service agreements, clinical trial research agreements, or other transactions with Actinogen Medical for the purpose of administering those agreements or transactions or for reporting purposes.
- where you make an enquiry or supply services to us, or information about your opinions where you provide us with feedback or suggestions;
- collecting personal information where you voluntarily submit a CV or resume to us, either unsolicited or in response to an advertised position.
We may also collect personal information about you from third parties where you have consented to this or the information is publicly available.
In some circumstances we may obtain other sensitive information about you, but only where you have consented to providing this personal information to us, for example through a collection notice. Our website is not intended to be used as a platform for collection of health or other sensitive information about you and therefore we request that you do not provide such information to us when communicating via our website.
You are under no obligation to provide personal information to us, however if you choose not to provide such information, we may not be able to respond to your request or provide you with certain services.
Examples of the kinds of personal information Actinogen Medical may collect and hold include:
- phone number;
- fax number;
- email address;
- information about goods or services ordered, acquired or supplied;
- information from enquiries made;
- communications between Actinogen Medical and an individual; and
- credit card information.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that is collected, used or disclosed by it is complete and up to date. We will only collect personal information about an individual from that individual unless it is unreasonable or impractical to do so
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to verify your identity
- to provide products and services to you
- to receive products and services from you
- to provide you with updates on our products and services that we think may be relevant to you, and to market our products and services to you, including contacting you electronically for this purpose
- to develop and improve our website, products and services
- to bill you or the organisation you represent and to collect money that you or they owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you or applicable privacy laws, including the Act.
In compliance with global regulations that govern our product development activities, we use only de-identified information for analysis purposes and our submissions to regulators.
We may also rely on exemptions under applicable privacy laws to use and disclose your personal information in appropriate circumstances, such as the employee records exemption in the Act.
UNSUBSCRIBING FROM MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, contractors, and other companies within our corporate group
- any third parties that support our website, products or services, including our IT service providers
- our consultants and advisors to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority) in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or in response to a non-mandatory request for information
- any other person authorised by law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised activity.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your personal information that we hold in a manner that is reasonable and practicable and to request a correction to your personal information.
Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates or a person who is authorised to make a request on their behalf. In respect of a request for correction, if we are satisfied that the information is incorrect and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you believe the personal information is incorrect and requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, you can contact us by email at the address listed here. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting). We will respond to your request within a reasonable period. We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing you with copies of your personal information.
INTERNET USE AND EXTERNAL LINKS
While we take reasonable steps to maintain the security of our website, providing information over the internet is not without risk.